Update firmware on the Motorola RAZR V3
- Motorola RAZR V3
- USB Cable (from the box)
- Windows PC
- You need to install the PST Phone Programmer Software (I use version 6.7 with a
patch. Find both here.)
- Install p2kman. This will install drivers needed for the
- When connecting the phone, the following devices needs to be
Windows should try to do this as they are needed. Find the drivers for
the hardware in the p2kman installation directory.
- Motorola USB Device - Accessories Interface
- Motorola USB Device - Data Logging MCU Interface
- Motorola USB Device - Test Command Interface
- Motorola USB Device - Motorola Flash Interface
- Start the
MultiFlashFlex.exe file in the PST installation directory (\Program
- It is time to get the updated
firmware. Find it here. I
use a Monster Pack file (combined flash and flex), and after that
install a Reflash if it is never SW or non-operator specific.
- Select the file in the MultiFlashFlex Tool and select start. If
the phone is in the devices list, you should be flashing.
- Go here for Operator Settings (in danish)
- Note that the flex files I found already have three MMS setups, which is max. Go to MMS Message Setup and delete setups under Server Info, in order to receive new settings from Motorola.